Resignation Letter to the Ateneo Community

Title: Resignation Letter to the Ateneo Community

Abstract:
January 21, 2008

To the Ateneo Community:

This letter is to inform you of my resignation as Secretary-General of the Sanggunian as of January 25, 2008.

I have been a member of the Sanggunian since my freshmen year and have experienced both the legislative and executive positions in the student government. Of all the activities I have done in my college career, by far, the Sanggunian has been the most fulfilling and most enlightening organization I’ve been privileged to be part of. I have been under leaders I consider the most inspiring of our generation, and have learned so much from them that I think I have gotten more out of the Sanggunian than I can possibly give back. I have also been honored to see exactly how the Atenean institution works and how the administration admirably keeps the university going, while doing its best to represent the Atenean youth.

However, though I am saddened by my decision to file my resignation from the Sanggunian, I believe it’s all for the best that I tender my resignation. I’ve had a good run in the organization and have done my best to impart my own contribution. At this point, my responsibilities as a student, my foremost priority, demand more time than I can give if I were to stay in the Sanggunian as the Secretary-General.

Rest assured, I am delegating my responsibilities to competent and capable people within the Sanggunian.

Sanggunian Matters: Karl Satinitigan, President
Attendance and Minutes: Tin Valenzuela, SOM Secretary-Treasurer
Ateneo Online Bulletin: Isadelle de Guzman, sanggu_board@yahoo.com

It is with a sad heart that I pass this resignation. Thank you very much for the opportunity to work for you.

Sincerely,

[sgnd]
Abbi Luz