Request for assistance from Efren Debulgado

18 February 2008

Dear Members of the Ateneo Commnity:

Please find below a letter of request for financial assistance from one of our technical personnel, Efren Debulgado, which is self-explanatory. Please feel free to communicate directly with Efren at: edebulgado@ateneo.edu or via his local extension no. 4094 or his mobile number: 0919/490-9016.

May we request for your continued prayers for Minda and the Debulgado family.

Thank you and God bless.

Jun Dalandan
Office of University Development & Alumni Relations


----------

I am Efren A. Debulgado of the Office of University Development and Alumni Rerlations. I write to you to seek your kind assistance to help my wife, Luzviminda “Minda” C. Debulgado, undergo medical treatment.

My wife, Minda, was diagnosed on January 28, 2008 with breast cancer, stage 3. Her doctors at The Medical City, Dr. Geraldine Remucal and Dr. Eugenio Regala (AHS’86), said she needs to undergo 4 to 6 sessions of chemotherapy before a breast operation. After the breast operation, Minda may need to have further chemotherapy sessions, or radiation.

Having had to undergo several tests at The Medical City prior to her first chemotherapy today, 15 February, my AsianLife Assurance Health benefit is down to a Php25,000.00 balance for the year. I am afraid that the allocation will soon be exhausted and I have no savings for the necessary medication for my wife. Minda is unemployed and has no health plan. I am humbly looking for financial assistance. We are also looking forward to continuing with the full treatment hopefully at the PGH, so any resources we will be able to loan and secure can stretch better.

According to Dr. Regala, chemotherapy is around Php40,000.00 per session. I do not know what the doctors’ professional fees will be.

I am appealing to your kindness to help save my wife, Minda. Please also include Minda and me in your prayers. With the kind intercession of our Almighty Father, Minda and I will hopefully be able to overcome this medical difficulty in our life.

Respectfully,


Efren A. Debulgado
Office of University Development & Alumni Relations
Ateneo de Manila University


Noted:

Romeo A. Dalandan, Jr.
Director for Alumni Relations